7.14.2011

Do as the ROMAN's Do....

Yep coming back from vacation is always a little tricky for me. I get so used to lounging around by the pool or not taking one look @ the clock so getting back to the "real world" well kinda sucks. It's hard for me to wake up and get back to my regular routine. So I got to thinking..."does the end of my vacation mean the end of my relaxation"? Typically it would but then I remembered a saying that I heard from the Italians in EAT PRAY LOVE....."dolce far niente" It means "the sweetness of doing nothing" In the words of Luca Spaghetti "Americans work too hard, you get burned out, you come home and spend the whole weekend in your pajama's in front of the tv" I don't know about y'all but that sums up most of my weekends. So I decided to enjoy "dolce far niente" I'm going to take a little time for myself everyday and just slow down. I may start reading a new book, have a drink (hey it's 5 o'clock somewhere) maybe even just take off my shoes and feel the grass between my toes, or I'll watch the royal wedding for the 50th time. Who knows the possibilities are endless! So how will you enjoy "dolce far niente"


rsz_1pics

Don't forget to follow us on TWITTER & BLOGLOVIN

*thanks katy for helping me out w/ these pics, what should we do for the next photo shoot?  

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...