3.09.2011

Figs Do A Body Good!




I have to admit I've only had figs one way...that's in a dessert of course. I've always wanted to try prosciutto wrapped figs, glazed figs even poached figs but I always come back to this cake. And yes they are fresh figs...only the best! My mom gets the fig preserve from a gentleman named Edd White who grows his own fig tree's. It's some really tasty stuff!


Just gather 2 1/2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup margarine, 4 eggs, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp nutmeg and 1 cup fig preserve. Mix all ingredients well with a hand blender. Then add 1 cup buttermilk, 1 tsp baking soda, 3 cups flour and 1 cup chopped pecans. Mix well and bake at 325 degrees. I would recommend patience because this cake takes an hour to bake. It's completely worth it though. This cake is moist, sweet and a beauty when it comes out of the oven. Have your confectioner's sugar ready to top it off. I love desserts that call for a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar on top...it makes things a cinch. It also means the quicker I can put it together the faster I can eat it!




                                                               


                                                             rsz_1pics


                                                                                                                   

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...