3.17.2011

The luck of the pistachio

With St. Patrick's Day here I wanted to celebrate and what better way to celebrate then with food. Instead of going with the traditional Irish dish's like corn beef and cabbage I decided to go a little GREEN, well Pistachio that is. In honor of St. Patty's day I'm making my nana's Pistachio Cake. It's not an Irish dish but it definitely fits in with the holiday. This cake is incredibly easy and yummy!

This cake reminds me of sunday lunch's at my nana and papo's house with all the family sitting around the table laughing at the way my nana says wash, she pronounces it "warsh" with a little bit of a country accent. I look forward to listening to my papo talk about his cattle and his ranch, even though I don't understand to much of it. I love those sunday lunch's and I love this cake too. This cake recipe has been in my family for quite a long time and I'm happy to share it with all of you. Enjoy!

Step1: Gather 1 pkg of yellow cake mix, 2 pkgs of instant pistachio pudding mix, 1/2 cup crisco oil, 1/2 cup lukewarm water, 1/2 cup lukewarm milk, 5 eggs.

Step 2: Mix dry pudding into cake mix. Mix well then add the oil, milk, and water. Beat well and add 5 eggs, one at a time stirring after each addition.

Step 3: Bake in a bundt pan or 13x9 inch pan, greased and floured. Bake 1 hour at 325 degree oven.

For the frosting gather 1 pkg instant pistachio pudding mix, 1 cup of cold milk, 1 medium carton of cool whip. Mix the milk with the pudding, beat until it gets thick and then fold into the cool whip.



Happy St. Patrick's Day!
rsz_1pics
                              
                                                               
                                             

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...