4.01.2011

I scream You scream We all scream for ICE CREAM!

I don't know about y'all but I can feel the summer months creeping up on me. But who am I kidding here in San Antonio our summer basically starts in April. If any of you are like my sisters and I we're constantly looking for ways to stay cool. Water balloon fights, running in the sprinkler (did I mention we refuse to grow up) and yes even staying in the pool 24/7. But what better way to stay cool than ICE CREAM SANDWICHES! Yup anything with ice cream is my weakness. Yeah sure you can go out and pick some ice cream up from the grocery store, but I like to make mine a little more special.

Just grab a pint of vanilla ice cream, semi sweet chocolate chips, vegetable oil, your favorite candy bar, some banana's and chocolate chip cookies. I prefer to make my own chocolate chip cookies but buying the ready made dough saves you plenty of time.

1. Bake the chocolate chip cookies as instructed about 10 minutes and when they are finished baking make sure to cool them COMPLETELY.

2. Melt 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon oil. Just place the oil and the chips in a bowl and melt it over simmering water (about 5 minutes)

3. Slice up the banana's about 1/4 inch thick. Take the melted chocolate and spread on top of six cookies, place the sliced banana's on the remaining six cookies. Chop up the candy bar and sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate.


5. Put the cookies in a freezer for an hour. Take the cookies out and drop a scoop of ice cream on top of the banana's. Pop back in the freezer for another 3 to 4 hrs.

6. Last but not least ENJOY!




I got this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis...one of my all time favorite chefs. This sweet treat gets us through those scorching 100 degree summers. I hope it gives you some SWEET relief too.




rsz_1pics



                          

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

What's up, I read your new stuff on a regular basis. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work!

My web page ... http://greencoffeeadvanceblog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...