Just grab a pint of vanilla ice cream, semi sweet chocolate chips, vegetable oil, your favorite candy bar, some banana's and chocolate chip cookies. I prefer to make my own chocolate chip cookies but buying the ready made dough saves you plenty of time.
1. Bake the chocolate chip cookies as instructed about 10 minutes and when they are finished baking make sure to cool them COMPLETELY.
2. Melt 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon oil. Just place the oil and the chips in a bowl and melt it over simmering water (about 5 minutes)
3. Slice up the banana's about 1/4 inch thick. Take the melted chocolate and spread on top of six cookies, place the sliced banana's on the remaining six cookies. Chop up the candy bar and sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate.
5. Put the cookies in a freezer for an hour. Take the cookies out and drop a scoop of ice cream on top of the banana's. Pop back in the freezer for another 3 to 4 hrs.
6. Last but not least ENJOY!
I got this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis...one of my all time favorite chefs. This sweet treat gets us through those scorching 100 degree summers. I hope it gives you some SWEET relief too.