6.13.2011

Tooty Fruity!

magazonday

Hi there everyone! I don't know about y'all but during the summer I try NOT to turn on the oven. Unless of course I find a cupcake recipe that's to die for. So when I found this recipe that had no baking what so ever I knew it was for me. I usually find some pretty great recipe's from Redbook and they usually take calories into consideration which is a BIG thumbs up. This recipe has fresh fruits and mascarpone....my fav!! It literally took 15 minutes to make and was sooo yummy. As Katy and I were eating it I think yumm came out of our mouth's about 10 times. It's creamy but also so fresh so it won't weigh you down. It's a great recipe that you can make ahead of time which I love love love. This is definitely going on my "go to" recipes for the summer. Do y'all have any favorite summer recipe's? I'd love to hear them. Here's the recipe for this special fruit cup....ENJOY!!

1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat 6 oz of mascarpone w/ 6 tbsp of confectioner's sugar, 2 tsp lemon zest and 3 tbsp lemon juice until smooth. In another bowl beat 2/3 cup of whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold the beaten cream into the mascarpone.
2. Place 1 cup of the raspberries and 2 tbsp of confectioner's into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Fold in another 3 cups of raspberries in with the the smooth berries.
3. Cut up 4 ripe peaches into 1/2 inch thick slices and place half of the peaches in the bottom of the dessert bowls. Spoon the mascarpone mixture over the peaches, dividing it into each bowl. Top the mascarpone with the berries and place the remaining peaches on top. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

 
rsz_1pics


p.s I added an extra dollop of the mascarpone mixture....its my weakness

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...