2.22.2011

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Heaven


Hello all.......Happy Tutorial Tuesday. For my first tutorial I wanted to share something with everyone that I love to make and loooove to eat. Its super simple and I should warn you its very addicting. They are my favorite cookies in the world......my peanut butter chocolate cookie made by Giada De Laurentiis. Her recipe does call for some blackberry jam in the middle but I love the cookie just by itself. I love to bake these cookies because it perfumes the whole house with peanut butter. Now come on whats better than peanut butter and chocolate?


1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

2. Gather up all your dry ingredients 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/8 teaspoon salt. Sift all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.





3. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat 1 stick (1/2 a cup of butter @ room temp)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter @ room temp, 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar. Scrape down the sides as needed and blend until smooth. Add 1 room temp egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix until blended. With the machine on low add all the sifted ingredients gradually until it's all incorporated.





4. Put 1/4 cup of sugar in a seperate bowl. Form the dough into about 1/4 cup size balls and roll the dough in the sugar until they are fully coated. Arrange the balls on the cookie sheets and bake for 11 to 14 minutes until the surface of the cookie has crackled. Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely about 15 minutes. Last but not least ENJOY.

These cookies truly are my all time favorite and I hope you all have as much fun making them as I do. Have a great day!






rsz_1pics


0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...