3.15.2011

Sunny Side Up!

pics

Happy Tutorial Tuesday!  This is probably my favorite day....I love being able to share some great tutorial's with y'all. This week I wanted to share something that makes me smile everytime I look at it. It's pretty nifty too cause you only need a few items.

tutorialtues


The other day I went searching online for DIY sunburst frames and I came across  The Inspired Room. It was this really creative home decor website. I couldn't get enough of  all the decorating techniques and the room tours that Melissa, the creator, had on her site. Her motto is to inspire women to create an authentic home that they love and that's just what she did for me. I came across this one of a kind sunburst mirror she made. It was definitely one of a kind because it was made out of plastic spoons, that's right spoons. I'll be honest before I saw this I had never thought to put spoons on a mirror, but it works! It looks so great cause it's bright, fun, and one of a kind.

I found this tutorial from Country Living and it was very simple and easy to follow. I encourage all of you to try this out or better yet check out The Inspired Room and get some fantastic idea's of your own.

Step1. I was unable to find pink spoons so I decided to take some white plastic spoons and spray paint them. I did two coats to make sure they were a nice bright pink color.

Step 2. Place a generous amount of hot glue on the back of the base of the handle of your first spoon. Press the spoon onto the mirror so that its bowl sits just outside the mirror's edge and the handle points toward the center.

Step 3. Put another dot of hot glue on the back of the second spoon's handle in the same spot and lay it on the mirror next to the first spoon, so that the widest part of the second one's bowl nestles into the neck of it's neighbor.

Step 4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 all around the mirror's perimeter....just be sure to keep the handle's pointed at the mirror's center. Then sit back and admire your gorgeous handiwork.








Hope y'all enjoy this "sunny" tutorial and I hope it makes your day just like it make's mine.



rsz_1pics

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...